Technical Workshop on Copper End Use
This workshop will review the long-term fundamentals of copper demand and the realities of copper substitution, as well as discuss the role and benefits of copper in society.
DATE: Friday, 28 Oct 2016 | TIME: 14:00 – 16:00
LOCATION: Hyatt Churchill Hotel, 30 Portman Square, London W1H 7BH
SESSION 1: 14:00 – 14:30
- Introduction to event and overview of topics for the day
- The role and benefits of copper in society
Jean-Sebastien Jacques, CEO, Rio Tinto; Chairman, International Copper Association, Ltd.
Anthony Lea , President, International Copper Association, Ltd.
SESSION 2: 14:30 – 15:15
Long-term fundamentals of copper demand
- The basic drivers: population, electrification, urbanization, vehicle/appliance ownership
- The intensity-of-use drivers: distributed generation, electric vehicles, energy efficiency
- Impact of China’s 13th five-year plan on selected copper sectors
, President, International Copper Association, Ltd.
Speakers: Ashley Brinson , Warren Center, Sydney, Australia. Authors of the Copper Roadmap 2030.
Richard Xu , Regional Director, International Copper Association, Asia
SESSION 3: 15:15 – 16:00
The realities of global substitution
- Key data on substitution – by product, application, functionality, region and trends since 2005
- Substitution vs. miniaturization
- Future for automotive wire harness
, Global Manager, Market Intelligence and Data, International Copper Association, Ltd.
Speakers: Paul Dewison , MetalsPlus (Substitution)
Keith Miller , Martec Group (Automotive harness)
Ian Hiscock , Commodities Research Unit (Miniaturization)
CLOSE OF WORKSHOP: 16:00